The WDS has gone through a thorough and exhaustive R&D program, including site trials at a number of facilities. Malmet has listened to the needs of both clinical and engineering staff and has designed the WDS to meet the requirements of all our clients, whether it be a large metropolitan hospital, a smaller regional hospital, or an aged care facility.
It has been designed to mitigate infection control risk.This has been achieved by…
- A control panel that has simple, identifiable symbols (not numbers) – making it easy to select the correct program
- All cycle programs disinfect to the higher Ao600 level as recommended under AS4187(Draft AS-5369):2014, there are no short “flush only” programs
- The WDS has unique sensors that detect the correct rack is in place for the required activity, whether it be washing bedpans/urine bottles, or utensils/ bowls
- Once a program is selected, cycle can be commenced using hygienic hands-free infrared sensor
- All wash water is automatically dumped between each program to further minimise risk of cross contamination